Grilled Tofu with Chilli Dressing from Donna Hay’s No Time To Cook
This time last week I had no time to cook, and no time to blog due to the death of my beloved first generation macbook, but I wanted something healthy and delicious for a quick and easy dinner. Donna Hay’s No Time to Cook to the rescue! Also, I was inspired by the “No Meat Monday” tweets I saw, and thought that this was definitely one good habit to get into…
Grilled Tofu with Chilli Dressing
- 100g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 packet firm tofu (300g)
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil*
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil*
- 1 long red chilli, chopped (I used one small super hot chilli)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped roasted peanuts
* I only used a very small amount of oil to brush the tofu, maybe 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in total
To make the chilli dressing, combine chilli, soy, sugar, ginger and peanuts in a small bowl and set aside.
Place noodles in another bowl, cover with boiling water for 10 minutes or until separated and tender, drain.
Preheat a char-grill or bbq to medium high
Brush tofu with combined oil.
Cook the tofu and the asparagus for 3 minutes on each side or until tofu is golden and asparagus is tender.
To serve, divide the noodles between bowls, top with tofu and asparagus and spoon over dressing.
P.S. I have a new laptop, blogposts should now resume to their intended frequency